Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Tech - 40 hours - Evening Shift - Plano in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano seeks to hire a Certified Sterile Processing Tech for Full Time employment.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary: Min $13.84 – Max $22.11, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time; 40 hours per week
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM; Monday - Friday
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure. Cleaning of instruments manually Using automated cleaners
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scans prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• At least one year current sterile processing experience highly preferred
• CBSPD, CSPDT or CRCST required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Detail oriented
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.