Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Trauma Team - Monday-Thursday 8:30pm - 7:00am in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech to join the Trauma Surgery Team.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary: Min $21.55 – Max $36.71, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 40 hours per week, Monday-Thursday 8:30pm-7:00am
Call Required; 30-minute response time
As a Surgical Tech with Texas Health Plano , you will work at a designated Da Vinci General Surgery Epicenter where surgical procedures can now be performed using minimally invasive surgery techniques. You will work with Physicians on the medical staff that will use advanced robotic-assisted technology, training and expertise to provide patients a full range of minimally invasive procedures with small, single-site incisions and far greater precision.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Assists in providing Peri-Operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-Operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire.
• At least 1 year of current Trauma Surgical Tech work experience preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military. training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.