Texas Health Resources Childbirth Educator, Registered Nurse - PRN in Plano, Texas
Childbirth Educator, Registered Nurse, PRN
See what working at a “100 Best Company To Work For” is like!
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning company? We’re looking for a qualified Registered Nurse, Childbirth Educator to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Plano
Work environment: Patient and Family Education
Work hours: PRN, Evenings and Weekends Included
Salary: $29.68/min - $47.70/max, based on relevant experience
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level II Trauma Facility, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Primary Heart Attack Center, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Primary Heart Attack and Joint Replacement – Hip & Knee. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• Associate's Degree in Nursing Required
• 2 Years of experience in childbirth or adult education Required
• Experience in Women’s Services Highly Preferred
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• IBCLC – Lactation Consultant Upon Hire Preferred
• Other Lamaze, ICEA Upon Hire Preferred
Position Responsibilities A Childbirth Educator, Registered Nurse with Texas Health will develop, revise and implement curriculum for childbirth education classes.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Registered Nurse will
• Provide a service oriented class atmosphere for community participants.
• Demonstrate acceptance of childbirth as a wellness concept, diversity of lifestyles, cultures and belief systems.
• Provide hospital infant safety information to patient and/or family member.
• Be sure class content reflects current national standards
• Schedule classes and have instructors available to meet customer demand
• Meet department needs by acting as a substitute instructor and or secure a substitute instructor as necessary.
• Precept and/or mentor new employees and students
• Review class schedule with manager
• Assist in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
• Collaborate with other team members to resolve patient issues.
• Actively participate in helping department to meet key performance indicators
• Utilize sign-in sheet during class
• Serve as a patient advocate and initiates action to protect patient rights and/or preferences and promote patient desired outcomes.
• Respond to patient and family questions with accurate and current information
• Demonstrate compliance for reporting abuse, ethical, and legal concerns and initiates appropriate referrals in response to ethical dilemmas.
• Follows chain of command to address issues with class or classes.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Registered Nurse you may be able to enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Plano Registered Nurse:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.