Texas Health Resources GN Residency February 2024- Behavioral Health in Plano, Texas
Graduate Nurse Residency – February 2024
Come and join our Graduate Nurse Residency Program! We invite new graduate RN's to apply for this unique opportunity. The next cohort will begin on February 2024 .
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Texas Health Graduate Nurse Residency Program includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate/cross train through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.
The Texas Health Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 15-month employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life.
Where you will be working:
Work location: Texas Health Plano, 6200 West Parker Road, Plano TX 75093
Work hours: Fulltime, Nights; 7:00p – 7:00a
Behavioral Health Seay Center Highlights:
Self-Scheduling that helps with work/life balance as well as opportunities for educational and career growth
Collaborative work environment
Robust Unit Based Council (UBC) and very engaged leadership team.
Fast paced, 48 bed inpatient Adult and Adolescent Behavioral Health Units
The professional nurse exhibits an understanding of basic human needs.
The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations
Please provide the following during the application:
• Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available)
• Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell a story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped shape your practice today
Things you need for the position:
• ADN (Associates Nursing Degree) is required upon hire; BSN preferred
• Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
• Less than one-year experience at the time the residency begins preferred
• Have not previously completed a THR nursing residency preferred
• Enrolled or completed a DEU with THR preferred
• Current RN licensure (Texas or Compact State). Boards MUST be passed, and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.