Texas Health Resources Lead Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - CVT, Urology, Robotics, Opthalmology and Plastics Team - Full Time Days - Monday-Friday in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Lead Certified Surgical Tech to join the
CVT, Urology, Robotics, Opthalmology, and Plastics Team.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary: min $23.72 – max $40.40, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 40 hours per week, Negotiable Day Shift: (4 – 10 hr days or 5 – 8 hr days)
Call Required: 30-minute response time.
As a Surgical Tech with Texas Health Plano , you will work at a designated Da Vinci General Surgery Epicenter where surgical procedures can now be performed using minimally invasive surgery techniques. You will work with Physicians on the medical staff that will use advanced robotic-assisted technology, training and expertise to provide patients a full range of minimally invasive procedures with small, single-site incisions and far greater precision.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics. Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
• 2 Years current operating room experience required and 1 Year acute care setting preferred.
• 2 Years of current CVT, Urology, Robotics, Opthalmology, and Plastics Surgical Tech experience highly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program required upon hire OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse required upon hire AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required upon hire.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2019 by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
• 2019 HealthCare's Most Wired by CHIME and Modern Healthcare
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.