Texas Health Resources Line Cook - Food and Nutrition in Plano, Texas
Line Cook – Full Time
Texas Health Plano
We’re looking for qualified Line Cooks like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: 6200 West Parker Road TX 75093-7914.
Work Environment: Food and Nutrition
Work hours: Full Time – 40 hours, Rotating Shift; Monday – Friday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM, Rotating weekends and Holidays
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred
2 years relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital or institution required.
Restaurant line cook experience helpful
FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Line Cook will
• Responsible for all areas of production, including broth hot and cold production
• Understands how to read and prepare simple or complex recipes to department standards.
• Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes for quantity.
• Produce high quality products; utilize creativity and training in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
• Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste.
• Taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards.
• Demonstrates creativity in food presentation in both bulk service and individual plating.
• Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates.
• Demonstrate judgment and creativity in food utilization.
• Understands menus and recipes.
• Organizes work for maximum productivity; accurately reads, follows, understands production sheets, and avoids over production.
• Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands the FIFO system of food production.
• Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines and safe knife skills.
• Employee maintains kitchen an serving areas in a clean, neat and orderly manner to exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Why Texas Health At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.