Texas Health Resources Line Cook in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Line Cook to work Full Time.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
Salary range is Min. $14.19/hr to Max. $21.04/hr – based on relevant experience
• Schedule will be 40 hours per week between 11:30am to 8:00pm.
• Rotating weekends and holidays
• Responsible for all areas of production, including both hot and cold production. Understands how to read and prepare simple or complex recipes to department standards. Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes for quantity.
• Produce high quality products; utilize creativity and training in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing. Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste. Taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards. Demonstrates creativity in food presentation in both bulk service and individual plating.
• Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates. Demonstrate judgment and creativity in food utilization. Understands menus and recipes.
• Organizes work for maximum productivity; accurately reads, follows, understands production sheets, and avoids over production.
• Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards. Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling. Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units. Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards. Understands the FIFO system of food production. Ability to follow / learn OSHA safety guidelines and safe knife skills.
• Employee maintains kitchen and serving areas in a clean, neat, and orderly manner to exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene. Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred
• 2 years of relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or institution is required
• Previous cook experience within a restaurant setting is strongly preferred
• Food Handlers Certificate is required within 30 days of hire
• Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
• Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.