Texas Health Resources Medical Laboratory Technician - Fulltime, Days in Plano, Texas
Medical Laboratory Technician - Fulltime - Days
Fast-paced, high energy Lab department is looking for a top skilled Medical Laboratory Technician. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Plano, 6200 West Parker Road, Plano TX 75093
Work hours: Fulltime, Days– 7 on/7 off; 4:00a - 2:30p
Lab Department highlights:
· Opportunities for educational and career growth
· Excellent comradery and teamwork
· Attentive executive leadership team
· Ability to work on several projects or committee if there is a desire
· Ability to utilize hands on knowledge from theory
Here’s What You Need
· Associate’s degree Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred; must be attained within 3 months of hire required.
Other Education equivalent to an associate degree in a laboratory science or medical technology. Must include at least 60 hours or equivalent from an accredited institution that include at a minimum either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 semester hours of science courses that include at least 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology in any combination required.
· Internship in an approved Medical Technology training program required
· Two years’ experience in a Medical Laboratory preferred
· MLT(ASCP) or equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) Registry must be attained within 3 months of hire date. Prefer MLT(ASCP) 6 months required.
What You Will Do
Evaluating and solving problems related to collection and/or processing of specimens, maintaining specimen integrity throughout the testing process
· Facilitates workflow process
· Checks outstanding tests list in a timely manner
· Troubleshoots and follows through on outstanding tests which appear to have not been collected/received when expected
· Knows and uses computer downtime procedures as needed when computer is not available
· Helps other hospital and laboratory coworkers to provide timely patient care
Additional perks of being a Texas Health MLT
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site (https://jobs.texashealth.org/) for info like Benefits (https://jobs.texashealth.org/benefits) , Job Listings by Category (https://jobs.texashealth.org/professions) , recent Awards (https://jobs.texashealth.org/awards) we’ve won and more.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Texas Health requires a resume when an application is submitted.Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.