Texas Health Resources Medical Office Receptionist in Plano, Texas
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Medical Office Receptionist’s like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 6300 West Parker Road Plano TX 75093
• Work environment: PT OT ST Outpatient
• Work hours: Day shift, full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
High school diploma or equivalent required
One (1) year experience in doctor’s office or outpatient medical clinic required
Microsoft Office proficiency
Reception of customers in person and on phone
• Greets and receives all patients and visitors using service excellence standards in all interactions.
• Relays messages and information to appropriate parties timely and accurately.
• Acts as receptionist for department and manager
• Announce arrival of patients to clinicians and escort patients when appropriate.
Scheduling of patient visits
• Schedules new and follow up outpatient appointments for all patient types according to established procedures.
• Completes check for medical necessity of scheduled tests and procedures and communicates discrepancies in coding or documentation to the appropriate parties.
Initial and ongoing insurance verification and certification for recurring or one time only accounts
• Coordinate accurate patient data to determine financial obligations.
• Assist in obtaining and or updating verification/appropriate pre-certification for all applicable patients.
• Notify appropriate parties regarding coverage to include estimate, inadequate, denied, or reduced benefits.
• Fax needed reports to payers maintaining patient confidentiality.
• Accurate and timely data entry of verification/certification into patient management information systems.
Daily management of medical records
• Prepares new patient charts with correct forms and patient identification.
• Knowledge of requirements for chart completion and audit of records for completion.
• Timely processing of interim requests for isolated pieces of records by payers, HIS, referral sources or other.
• Preparing records for final coding and scanning and quality assurance of scanned records.
• Management of record transitions between remote site and hospital Health Information Services Department.
• Accurate labeling and filing charts for terminal record storage.
• Accurate and timely retrieval of active and inactive records routinely and as requested.
• Fax clinical documentation to referral sources according to established procedures.
Use of information systems and office equipment.
• Accurately and timely data entry into patient management, scheduling, point of service collections, insurance estimator, department databases and other THR information systems.
• Appropriate knowledge of and use of THR intranet as resource for effective and efficient operations (e.g. sharepoint site for managed care to obtain current contracted rates).
• Effectively and efficiently uses computers, printers, fax machines, copy machines, scanners and other office equipment and notifies appropriate parties if equipment is not functioning correctly or is broken.
• Can perform routine maintenance on equipment such as paper filling, toner replacement, dusting keyboard and work area
Collection of co-pays and co-insurance for ambulatory patients
• Informs and reminds patient each visit of financial responsibility using service excellence strategies for customer relations.
• Makes collection arrangements or plan with each patient and facilitates Charity Application process for qualifying patients.
• Uses payment estimator, information provided by verification specialist, and charges posted by clinical staff to calculate patient responsibility accurately.
• Issues receipt using point of service collections software.
• Accurately updates patient case management for amounts due and amounts collected.
Admission of patients
• Verifies correct account information.
• Obtains correct signatures on all admission forms.
• Explains all HIPAA, advance directives and admission acknowledgement forms to patients.
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health Medical Office Receptionist, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.