Texas Health Resources Paramedic - Rotating Shifts - PRN - Plano - ER in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Paramedic to work a PRN position in the ER.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road Plano, TX 75093-7914
Salary range is Min. $17.40/hr to Max. $26.13/hr – based on relevant experience
• PRN (As needed)
• Performs technical skills that are adapted to reflect the age-specific, developmental and diversity needs of the patient.
• Enhances patient care skills. Serves as a patient advocate. Provides for patient privacy and dignity. Communicates per department expectations. Demonstrates cooperative relationships by showing willingness to support team members. Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers.
• Incorporates age specific safety/ infection control measures into patient care.
• Collects data relevant to the patient’s physical, psychosocial, cognitive and religious needs.
• KPI: Assists in meeting departmental/hospital KPI’s related to: Patient outcomes, Customer satisfaction, Financial performance, Organizational effectiveness and Community health care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• 6 months of recent paramedic experience is preferred
• EMT-P - Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic is required upon hire
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required upon hire
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support is required upon hire
• CPI- Crisis Prevention Intervention required within 60 days of hire
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.