Texas Health Resources Patient Advocate, Registered Nurse in Plano, Texas
Patient Advocate, Registered Nurse – Full Time
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We’re looking for qualified Registered Nurse, Patient Advocate like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Plano
Work environment: Risk Management
Work hours: Full Time, 40 Hours, Monday – Friday, Days
Salary range: $33.06 - $52.88 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing preferred
• Other – CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required
• Three years of acute care hospital experience required
• Charge Nurse experience highly preferred, Management experience preferred
• Strong EMR experience highly preferred
• Experience with retrospective chart reviews, conducting investigations and working in databases highly preferred
• RN – Registered Nurse upon hire required
Position Responsibilities Texas Health Plano’s Patient Advocates are responsible for receiving grievances and/or complaints directly from patients or others on the patient’s behalf.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Patient Advocate will
• Review, research and evaluate complaints and grievances to determine appropriate response based on CMS guidelines and hospital policy.
• Prioritizes concerns in multiple of complex issues.
• Oversees referral, investigation and resolution of complaints/grievances independently and coordinates response by involved departments.
• Keeps appropriate parties informed and involved, completes appropriate follow up and completes resolution of complaints/grievances within the outlined required time frames to keep the hospital in compliance with regulatory federal and state agencies
• Maintains compliance with CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation, other regulatory standards and hospital policy.
• Responds to government or regulatory complaints and responds to agencies as needed.
• Serves as grievance coordinator for entity.
• Facilitates required grievance committee, as well as prepares annual reporting as outlined in the CMS Conditions of Participation.
• Documents 100% of complaints and grievances received.
• Provides data for centralized database of patient complaints/grievances and assists with reporting of patient satisfaction/patient complaints as requested.
• Participates in Patient Safety and Risk Management Operations by identifying potential liability in complaints received.
• Identifies and communicates potential liability concerns through the THR Claims Management process.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Patient Advocate you will able enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Plano a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Plano Patient Advocate:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.