Texas Health Resources Patient Care Tech – Full Time Day shift - Med/Surg 4A – Tele/Neuro/Spine – Texas Health Plano in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Patient Care Tech to work full time day shift at their Medical Surgical unit 4A – Tele/Neuro/Spine.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary range is: Minimum: $13.28/hour – Maximum: $19.83, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 36 hours/week; Day shift, 7:00am – 7:00pm.
Variable weekday schedule with every other Saturdays and Sundays.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
• Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
#1 as 2020 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (6th consecutive year, 5th year as #1)
Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
2018 Indeed's Top-Rated Workplaces: Hospitals
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required.
• CNA - Certified Nurses Aide Upon Hire OR PCT Training Program (THFW or TC4L) Upon Hire OR EMT - Emergency Medical Technician Emergency Department ONLY Upon Hire OR Other Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent Upon Hire AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
• Previous PCT/CNA experience, especially in a Hospital setting highly preferred.
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
• After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.