Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN)— Intensive Care Unit (ICU)--Full Time Nights in Plano, Texas
Looking for an opportunity to be a part of an expanding unit? We’re growing! Come join our expanding Intensive Care Unit. We are expanding our Trauma program and Comprehensive Stroke Center and have opportunities for you to be a part of a solid, cohesive ICU family
The address is 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
SCHEDULE: Full Time Nights (7P-7A) for 36 hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
ICU Department Highlights:
An ICU (Intensive Care Unit) Nurse position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment. This unit is a self-scheduling unit with 26 beds. Our ICU Unit is devoted to intensive care for the region’s most critically ill patients. Our intensivist program puts the care of ICU patients under the guidance of board-certified critical care physicians, who directly oversee patient care in the ICU throughout the day. Physicians are available 24 hours. Critical care nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants — all trained in critical care medicine — help provide care in the ICU around the clock. Awarded the Beacon Gold-level of excellence in 2015, 2018 and 2022.
HERE's WHAT YOU NEED:
• Diploma of Nursing OR Associate degree in Nursing required.
• BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Other: CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Req
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• ICU experience strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon—prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support –Within 90 days of hire Required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by: active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL PERKS OF BEING A TEXAS HEALTH NURSE :
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Why Texas Health Plano?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.