Texas Health Resources RN, PRN III, Central Nursing Pool 7:00pm - 7:00am in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Registered Nurse III to join the Central Nursing Pool.
The address is Texas Health Plano, 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, Texas 75093.
Salary - $38.00 per hour.
• PRN, As Needed; 72 Hours Per Month minimum; 7:00pm – 7:00am
The essential duties of this position are:
• Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
• Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
• Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Knowledge of human development across the life span
• Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
• Provides safe patient care as evidenced by:
• Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's Degree Nursing Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your Human Resources department for additional information or questions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
• 1 Year Experience as a Clinical Nurse or completion of an RN residency Required
• 2 Years Experience as a Clinical Nurse Highly Preferred
• Telemetry/MedSurg Experience Highly Preferred
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• ACLS – Advance Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Preferred
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.