Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse, Antepartum, PRN III, Nights, Plano in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire an experienced High-Risk OB/GYN/Antepartum RN to work PRN Level III.
* Newly designated **Level IV Comprehensive Maternal Care Center - only Level IV facility in Collin County
The address is 6200 W. Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary – PRN set rate is $41.00/hour plus differentials
• PRN Level III: On an as needed basis, Flexible with schedule; 6:45PM-7:15AM, Self-scheduling. 72 hours/per month, 2 weekend shifts per month and 1 major & 2 minor holiday/critical staffing shifts per year.
• The High-Risk Pregnancy Care Unit at Texas Health Plano is a MAGNET, Texas 10-step and Mother-friendly designated facility.
• 20-bed High Risk OB (Antepartum) unit
• Provide quality care for women at all levels of gestation
• Provide care for and monitoring of patients in Antepartum, High-Risk OB, GYN surgery, all female surgeries and Postpartum moms who have babies in the Level IV NICU
• Responsible for 24-hour care of non-laboring Antepartum and GYN patients – Med/Surg overflow, bladder/gall bladder/ hysterectomies/ Appendectomy/ D&C’s/ ectopic pregnancy/female surgery patients (No plastic or mastectomy patients)
• Skill Set: Administer blood, PICC lines, Central Lines, strong Med/Surg skills
• Childbirth education offered at the bedside
• Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred –Require BSN within 2 years of start date.
• Other – CLIAFE: Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. * (Strongly **prefer 2 years or more RN experience in Labor & Delivery, High Risk OB, Antepartum and will consider strong Med/Surg background)
• RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program required upon hire
• IFM – Intermediate Fetal Monitoring upon hire preferred
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred within 6 months of hire (If Charge RN)
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU . Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business . Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.