Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Emergency Department, TH Plano, PRN III, Nights in Plano, Texas
Our Emergency Department is in need of a RN/Registered Nurse on a prn/per diem basis.
Texas Health Plano is located at 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
Salary Range: PRN III - Flat rate of $41.00/hour
Hours: PRN III, Nights, 72 hours per month minimum requirement (6 shifts), two (2) weekend shifts per month, 1 major/2 minor holiday requirement
Emergency Department highlights:
With 45 beds (35 ED beds and 10 Express Admit beds) and more than 41,000 patient-visits a year, the emergency room at Texas Health Plano is well-equipped and one of the largest in Collin County. Board-certified physicians and registered nurses provide personalized care for emergency room patients. Patients appreciate the extra conveniences and comforts in the hospital's emergency room:
• Level II Trauma Center
• Recently received Comprehensive Stroke Center designation
• All private rooms
• Flat panel televisions
• Free Wi-Fi
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate degree in Nursing required
• BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Req
• Two (2) years of experience as a clinical nurse (RN)
• Two (2) years of Emergency Department experience strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS upon hire
• ACLS upon hire
• PALS within 6 months of hire
• TNCC within 12 months of hire
• CPI within 60 days of hire
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level II Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.