Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse— Intensive Care Unit (ICU)—Full time Days (7AM – 7PM)--Plano in Plano, Texas
Come join the Critical Care Nursing Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Plano, a MAGNET facility!
The address is 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
Salary Range: $26.50 - $50.40/hour, commensurate with working experience
Full Time: 7 AM -7 PM for a total of 36 hours a week with some weekends and holidays
An ICU (Intensive Care Unit) Nurse position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment. This unit is a self-scheduling unit with 26 beds. Our ICU Unit is devoted to intensive care for the region’s most critically ill patients. Our intensivist program puts the care of ICU patients under the guidance of board-certified critical care physicians, who directly oversee patient care in the ICU throughout the day. Physicians are available 24 hours. Critical care nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants — all trained in critical care medicine — help provide care in the ICU around the clock. Awarded the Beacon Gold-level of excellence in 2015.
T he ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required;
• BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program. ICU experience preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.