Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery, Full-time, 7PM-7AM in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire an experienced Labor & Delivery RN to work Full- time.
The address is 6200 W. Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary range is Minimum $26.50/hr to Maximum $50.40/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full time: Night shift 6:45PM-7:150AM. (3) 12-hour shifts/week, Rotating weekend and holidays. Self-scheduling.
• The Labor & Delivery Unit at Texas Health Plano, a MAGNET and Texas 10-Step designated facility, has been named “Best Place to Have a Baby”.
• 17-LDR’s (Labor/Delivery/Recovery rooms)
• 4 OR suites
• 350-400 deliveries per month on average
• Ability to triage, labor, deliver, circulate and recover patients
• Responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes.
• Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. Strongly prefer more than 2 years Labor & Delivery RN experience
• RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program required upon hire
• IFM – Intermediate Fetal Monitoring required within 6 months of hire
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support required within 6 months of hire
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.