Texas Health Resources Tele/Monitor Tech - Full Time - Night Shift - CMU - Plano in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano seeks to hire a Tele/Monitor Tech for Full Time employment in the Central Monitoring Unit.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary: min $13.63 – Max $20.31, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 36 hours per week
Night Shift: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
To include some weekends and holidays
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Demonstrates competency in the set up and use of the telemetry monitoring equipment.
• Collects, reports and documents patient information (rhythms/rate) timely and accurately.
• Seeks assistance, supervision or consultation when unsure of rhythm(s) identification.
• Distinguishes and reports abnormalities and initiates action to provide continuity of care.
• Admission/dismissals are processed promptly; Preparations are made to get the monitor ready for admission.
• Notifies RN promptly of any changes in monitor
• Communicates promptly of perceived risks specific to patient safety or immediate need for assistance.
• Safety checklist/quality controls completed as required
• Assures that alarms are activated with appropriate settings and are sufficiently audible
• Monitors are cleaned after each use
• Timely reporting of equipment malfunction
• Answers phone in timely manner
• Keep work area neat and orderly
• Serves as a patient advocate
• Assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements
• Communicates per department expectations
• Uses Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all other disciplines
• Actively participates in informal training, development and evaluation of team members
• Maintain appropriate skills i.e. rhythm interpretation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 Year direct patient care experience involving telemetry monitoring OR
completion of educational program which includes telemetry monitoring
• Completion of Telemetry/EKG test within 30 Days
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 Days
• Basic Understanding/ability to learn medical terminology
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.