Texas Health Resources ULTRASONOGRAPHER II PRN in Prosper, Texas
Texas Health Prosper is seeking an Ultrasonographer II in the IHC Imaging Department
PRN: As needed
Minimum Education Required:
Associate's Degree Graduate of an AMA approved /
accredited Ultrasound Program
Minimum Experience Required:
6 Months clinical experience and
1 year or more in a hospital setting preferred
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required:
ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required or
ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers - must have 2 certifications if no ARRT
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support also required
Minimum Required Skills:
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent Communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Images correct anatomical area of interest and pathology according to department protocols.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts ultrasound parameters appropriately for quality images.
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, suggest differential diagnosis.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical parameters to optimize image.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction.
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards.
• Adheres to hospital standards for infection control for patient, equipment, and self.
• Stocks/maintains supplies and linen.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
• Obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email routinely.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement.
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary.
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Texas Health Neighborhood Care and Wellness Center Prosper, a facility licensed under Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, serves the Prosper, Celina, Little Elm, Cross Roads, and surrounding Collin County communities. The campus of Texas Health Prosper offers comprehensive medical services that include Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Laboratory, Community Fitness Center, Physical Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Hand Therapy, a 24/7 Emergency Department, and physician offices.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.