Texas Health Resources Nuclear Medicine Specialist PRN THPG in Rockwall, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Nuclear Medicine Specialist to work PRN at Presbyterian Heart and Vascular Group- Rockwall.
The address is 3142 Horizon Road suite 110 Rockwall, TX 75032
Salary range is Min. $28.73hr to Max. $41.57/hr – based on relevant experience
• PRN (As Needed) Rotating Shifts and Schedules
• Operates and maintains quality control for all imaging equipment and radioactivity assaying devices.
• Prepares radio-pharmaceuticals for patient use, administers radio-pharmaceuticals to patients and performs nuclear medicine procedures.
• Operates nuclear medicine computers to enhance the diagnostic value of information obtained from nuclear medicine procedures.
• Follows internal protocols when processing computer studies to achieve high quality films by choice of filters, slice selection, display parameters, image intensity and labeling techniques.
• Maintains records and logs as required by department protocols and licensure requirements. Logs patient dose administered, progress notes and other pertinent data.
• Schedules patients for nuclear medicine examinations and questions patients and/or review patient charts for facts of patient history which are pertinent to interpretation of nuclear medicine examinations by the radiologist.
• Prepares, measures, and administers radiopharmaceuticals under direction of physician. Administers and records isotope dosages in accordance with established departmental protocol.
• Observes patients during procedures and reports any abnormal activity.
• Collects, prepares, and analyzes biologic specimens and prepares data for interpretation.
• Follows radiation safety techniques when disposing radioactive materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology or nuclear medicine is required OR Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• 2 years radiology experience is required
• CNMT certification upon hire required
• Extensive knowledge of the concepts, practices, policies, procedures, standards, systems and tools in the field of nuclear medicine in a healthcare environment.
• Knowledge of the current aspects of patient care relative to Nuclear Medicine.
• Knowledge of the functionality, operation and maintenance of nuclear medicine tools and equipment.
• Ability to perform nuclear medicine procedures efficiently and effectively, ensuring that equipment is calibrated properly and dosage as appropriate.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.