Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - Full Time 7a-7p - Main OR in Stephenville, Texas
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) – GREAT BENEFITS
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Certified Surgical Techs like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Stephenville, TX
Work environment: Surgery Department
Work hours: Full-Time, 36 hours weekly, 7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
Call required weekends and evenings; response time is 30 minutes.
Salary range: $21.55 - $36.71 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville (THS) is a full-service, 98-bed hospital serving Erath and surrounding counties since 1926. The hospital offers surgical services, women’s and infants’ services, advanced diagnostic imaging, sleep lab and a wound care program. Texas Health Stephenville has received accreditation as a Level IV trauma center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center by Society of Chest Pain Centers and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The hospital was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization and received Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Stephenville is about an hour away from Fort Worth, so if peaceful surroundings in a rural area are the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice Surgical Technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 or Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or Military Training Surgical Technology program.
• At least 1 year of current Certified Surgical Tech experience strongly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist upon hire or LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire or M ilitary Training Program in surgical technology and Certified Surgical Technologist within 2 Years upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Position Responsibilities THS Certified Surgical Tech’s will assist in 4 operating rooms and 1 procedure room. Services provided include Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, ENT, Dental, and General Surgery.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful CST will:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics. Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health CST you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THS a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a THS Certified Surgical Tech
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.