Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery/L&D -Full-Time - Nights in Stephenville, Texas
Texas Health Stephenville seeks to hire an experienced RN/Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the LDRP setting – Labor & Delivery and Maternal/Newborn.
The address is 411 N. Belknap Street, Stephenville, TX 76104.
Salary range is Minimum $26.50/hr to Maximum $50.82/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full-time: 36 hours/week, (3) 12-hour shifts/week, 6:45PM-7:15AM, rotating weekends and holidays, variable schedule. Self-scheduling. Flexibility with schedule.
• The Birdsong Women’s Center at Texas Health Stephenville, a mother friendly and Texas 10-step facility, has a position for an acute-care RN from the admission to the discharge process in Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum (LDRP).
• Physical set-up is a 4-bed LDRP
• 4-bed separate Nursery for sick babies (provide Oxyhood and IV antibiotics)
• 1 OR suite
• Surgical Techs/CST's on staff (RN will not scrub or circulate)
• Mainly deliver babies 35-weeks’ gestation on up
• Average 30 to 35 deliveries per month
• Catch babies and recover both mom and baby
• Ability to triage, labor, deliver, and recover patients, as well as provide couplet care and breastfeeding education for both mother and baby.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – RN’s hired after January 2017 require BSN within 2 years of start date.
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (Recent Labor & Delivery, OB and Maternal/Newborn or NICU RN experience strongly preferred)
• RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire required
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association upon hire
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 60 days of hire required
• NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 60 days of hire required
• AWHONN – Advanced Fetal Monitoring within 18 months of hire required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect
• Critical thinking skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville is a full-service, 98-bed hospital serving Erath and surrounding counties since 1926. The hospital offers surgical services, women’s and infants’ services, advanced diagnostic imaging, sleep lab and a wound care program. Texas Health Stephenville has received accreditation as a Level IV trauma center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center by Society of Chest Pain Centers and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The hospital was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization and received Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Stephenville is about an hour away from Fort Worth, so if peaceful surroundings in a rural area are the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.