Texas Health Resources Surgery Supervisor RN/Registered Nurse/Weekends/Full Time/Harris Fort Worth in United States
Texas Health Hospital Harris Fort Worth seeks to hire a Nursing Supervisor to work Full Time in the Operating Room to work weekends.
Address: 1600 Hospital Parkway TX 76022
Salary range is Min. $38.42/hr to Max. $58.28/hr – based on relevant experience
• Full Time, 36 hours , Weekends
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree - Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required.
Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your Human Resources department for additional information or questions
• BSN preferred
• 2 Years experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role in the Operating room preferred (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) required.
• RN required upon hire and
• BCLS upon hire and
• Collaborates with Leadership, UBC, and appropriate team members to establish, implement, and monitor department policies/procedures, facilitate unit goals, evaluate and individualize patient care and provide direction to staff to promote quality outcomes.
• This role provides bedside leadership on a particular unit or units and shift, coordinating patient flow, patient care and assignments.
• Responsible for assisting the manager/director with human resource management to include evaluations, coaching, mentoring, recruitment, retention, education and orientation.
• Works with manager/director to control costs and manage department budget and productivity.
• Effectively communicates with patients, families and other healthcare team members by incorporating the 8 caring factors in the Quality Caring Model which include: basic human needs, human respect, encouraging manner, affiliation needs, mutual problem solving, healing environment, attentive reassurance and appreciation of unique meaning.
• Incorporates THR philosophy in working with peers, and other members of the health care team. Partners with physicians to advance physician engagement.
• Assimilates leadership responsibilities on the unit and throughout the entity and/or system. Promotes a positive image of Texas Health Nursing.
• Commits to autonomous maintenance and continuous improvement of competence and serves as a role model to other healthcare team members. Holds self and other accountable for highly reliable behavior.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.